The Horseman 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon Lens is a Rodenstock 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon with a standard Copal #0 shutter, but built into a Horseman-specific helical focusing mount and barrel assembly made to fit upon their SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras. Used with a 6x12 film back, this lens produces a 91° x 53° field of view, and upon the 612 cameras the helicoid focusing mount allows a minimum focusing distance of 2' (0.6m). Generous amounts of shift are also permitted (only on the 612 Professional).
The 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon incorporates ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, to make truly apochromatic resolution from a wide angle lens possible for the first time. Its large maximum aperture of f/4.5 makes adjustments easier on the ground glass, and the f/11-16 working aperture allows shorter exposure times in outdoor work. The use of the optional #29225 center filter (HOCF67P2.5) is recommended for critical work, especially with transparencies.
- A Rodenstock 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon with standard Copal #0 shutter, built into Horseman-specific helical focusing mount/barrel assembly
- Exclusively made to fit SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras
- Produces a 91° x 53° field of view when used with 6x12 film back
- Minimum focusing distance of just 2' (0.6m)
- Extremely fine resolving power when stopped down to between f/11-16
- ED glass for true apochromatic correction
- Large maximum aperture aids focusing in poor light