The Horseman 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N Lens is a Rodenstock 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N with a standard Copal #0 shutter, but built into a Horseman-specific helical focusing mount and barrel assembly made to fit upon their SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras. Used with a 6x12 film back, this lens produces a moderately wide 81° x 47° field of view, and upon the 612 cameras the helicoid focusing mount allows a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' (0.7m). Generous amounts of shift are also permitted (only on the 612 Professional).
The 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N is a highly-corrected 8-element lens design with an f/16-22 recommended working aperture and a bright f/4.5 maximum viewing aperture to aid focusing in low light. The use of the optional #29227 center filter (HOCF65SW) is recommended for critical work, especially with transparencies.
- A Rodenstock 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N with standard Copal #0 shutter, built into Horseman-specific helical focusing mount/barrel assembly
- Exclusively made to fit SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras
- Produces a 81° x 47° field of view when used with 6x12 film back
- Focuses down to 2.3' (0.7m)
- Extremely fine resolving power when stopped down to between f/16-22
- Large maximum aperture aids focusing in poor light