The 722 Dominator II is a stereo multi-band peak limiter designed to fit a wide range of applications where transparency of limiting action is absolutely critical, while preventing peak levels from exceeding the user settable output level. At virtually any limiting depth, the unit is free of frequency degradation and most other side-effects normally associated with limiters.
A very common problem with wide-band processing is where one part of the audio spectrum controls the level of another part. If there is a large concentration of lower frequencies, these will tend to control the level of the entire spectrum.
The unit solves these problems by splitting the audio into three frequency bands and limiting each band individually with the outputs of the bands being summed and sent to a detector circuit. If the sum exceeds a reference value, the circuit reduces the thresholds of the individual limiters.
Pre-emphasis is an equalization curve that is employed as a noise reduction technique for broadcast and transmission links. The model 722 Dominator II has separately switchable pre and de-emphasis curves.
- Three bands of limiting with Switchable Crossover Frequencies
- Servo balanced transformerless inputs and outputs
- Patented Automatic Limit Threshold (ALT) circuitry
- Peak ceiling trimmable in 0.2dB steps over a 34dB range
- LF and HF EQ provides shaping equalization below peak ceiling
- Freedom from pumping
- Freedom from Spectral Gain Intermodulation
- Adjustable density (relative crest height)
- Relay bypass, remote controllable