The Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Super-Symmar XL Lens is a professional super wide angle lens for the 8x10 format, providing an angle of view on 8x10 similar to a 20mm lens in the 35mm format. This is the ideal lens for capturing tight interior spaces with an 8x10 camera. The Super-Symmar XL lenses are the world's first aspherical lens design for large format, producing incredible peak sharpness with excellent correction for distortion and a small overall size. The lens' large image circle allows plenty of creative control for the photographer-in fact, it has the largest image circle of any 150mm large format lens. Beyond the coverage, the lens' large maximum aperture helps to ease the difficulty of focusing the camera in poor light.
The 150mm Super-Symmar XL's 105° angle of coverage permits a generous 44mm of all-direction shift on the 8x10 format, which is particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. Used on smaller formats, there's likely no camera which could offer enough displacement of the standards to challenge the image circle. It can be mounted upon nearly view or field camera, thanks to its small 65mm diameter rear barrel which only extends 24.2mm behind the mount, allowing plenty of space between the rear of the barrel and the image plane for tilts and swings.
The 150mm Super-Symmar XL uses 95mm filters on the front, but can also use more compact 62mm filters upon the rear of the lens. For critical work with 8x10 transparency films, it is highly recommended to use their dedicated #4a center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 8x10 format
- World's first aspherical lens design series for large format
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to an extreme 105°
- Bright maximum aperture allows easier focusing in subdued light
- Largest image circle of any 150mm large format lens
- Maximum image circle of 386mm allows ±44mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 8x10 format
- Accepts 95mm or 62mm filters
- Optional IVa center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #1 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/400th speed