The Rodenstock 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Macro-Sironar Lens is a large format lens specifically designed for macro use, primarily for the 4x5 format. It can also be used upon 6x9 cameras, and will even cover an 8x10 camera at 2:1 magnification. The Apo-Macro-Sironar produces stunning images within its recommended 1:5 to 2:1 reproduction ratio range, with enviable resolution and contrast. Common-use large format lenses, even symmetrical models such as Rodenstock's own Apo-Sironar S, simply cannot compete with this specialist. It is an apochromatic design, with no visible color fringing in any images taken within the recommended range. The Apo-Macro-Sironar is meant to be used at larger apertures of f/8-11 to limit the degradation of image quality caused by diffraction.
With very good coverage for a macro lens, you'll have 28mm of all-direction shift with 4x5 cameras at 1:5, and at higher reproduction ratios you'll have all of the image circle you could ever need for 4x5 or even 5x7. Despite this, the lens is rather light at just under 8 ounces, and takes compact 49mm filters.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for macro use
- Recommended for use at ratios as low as 1:5, to a maximum of 2:1
- Standard view with 70° coverage at infinity
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/8-11
- Accepts 49mm threaded filters
- Rear barrel diameter of just 40.5mm
- Standard type Copal #0 shutter