The Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-W Lens is a lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require a smaller image circle with extreme resolution, color correction, and maximum performance at a large aperture. This lens is recommended for use with backs as large as a 72 x 96mm maximum image area, and upon a 40 x 54mm back it will provide a view similar to that of a 58mm lens upon a 35mm format camera. This HR Digaron-W is delivered in a standard type Copal #0 shutter.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography if the desired end product is a printed image. To achieve this ideal, however, a much higher demand is made upon the image reproduction quality of the lens. This is because of a digital image chip's smaller area, which means finer details in a scene are squeezed into a smaller image recording area, as well as their sensitivity to color fringes.
But Rodenstock's digitally-specific lenses such as this HR Digaron-W provide image quality which allows the maximum capacity of a digital back to be realized. The lens utilizes every technological possibility to get as close as possible to the absolute limits of diffraction- determined resolution, even accounting for the properties and thickness of a CCD's protective glass. With the HR Digaron-W, you can use digital backs with a pixel pitch as small as 5µ.
Because this lens is designed for a view camera without an optical concession to clear a camera's mirror box (such as in an SLR camera's lens), this lens is commonly adapted to be used with DSLR cameras because of its remarkable resolution.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 72x96mm
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 125mm image circle
- Appropriate for use with digital-specific large format systems and DSLR cameras as the image receiver
- Wide angle view with 70° coverage
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6-11
- Accepts 67mm threaded filters
- Rear barrel diameter of 60mm
- Standard type Copal #0 shutter