The B+W 86mm Skylight KR-1.5 (1A) Slim Filter is a general use filter with a slight pink tint to help improve overall color accuracy and clarity. The light pink coloration helps to reduce the overall bluish cast of daylight and is especially effective when photographing landscapes and in shade.
The Sky 1A filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention. The slim filters are specifically designed for use with wide angle lenses and are only 0.1" / 3mm thick. They do not have front threads for stacking additional filters.
Note: This filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size, and because of this you may be unable to attach the lens manufacturer's bayonet-mounted lens hood to the lens while using this filter. This is dependent on your specific lens and how thick the front rim of the lens is; with thinner, low-profile lenses usually being affected more.
- Helps to improve general color accuracy and clarity when photographing outdoors in daylight and shade.
- Light pink tint reduces bluish cast of natural light.
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.