The Rodenstock 35mm f/4.5 Apo-Grandagon Lens is a professional wide angle lens specifically for the 6x9 format, providing an angle of view on 6x9 which is similar to a 15mm lens in the 35mm format. The Apo-Grandagon is the ideal 'space expander' lens when you're trying to capture an expansive area of cramped space.
The 120° angle of coverage permits 12mm of all-direction shift on the 6x9 format, particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. The Apo-Grandagon series use ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements for truly apochromatic color correction and superior edge delineation. This lens is recommended for use between f/8 and f/11 apertures, which helps shorten the exposure times.
For critical work with transparency film, it is strongly recommended to use the Rodenstock #17002 dedicated center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in 6x9
- Widest lens available for the 6x9 format
- Elements of ED glass
- Apochromatic color correction
- Increased coverage to an extreme 120°
- Bright f/4.5 maximum aperture allows easier focusing in subdued light
- Maximum image circle of 125mm allows ±12mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 6x9 format
- Accepts 67mm filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed