The Video 60 Plus with a weight of 8.4 kg /18.5 lb is extremely lightweight for an EFP fluid head. Even the flat base OB and studio model is only 9.4 kg / 21 lb. With a 150mm / 5.9" center of gravity height, it easily supports weights up to 65 kg /145 lb. Due to it's ergonomic, robust, squeeze-proof design, which ensures safe operation in any position.
The Video 60 Plus displays an 18 step counterbalance which can be adjusted easily and safely in 9 stages with the well known Sachtler dial. Fine-tuning is achieved via a half step function, which can either be engaged or disengaged. And for even more precise adjustment the balance plate has a sliding range of up to 115mm / 4.5", and up to 120mm / 4.7" for the studio version. This allows you to safely balance the camera at any tilt angle.
The Video 60 Plus fluid head has a modular design, allowing you to change it for different applications. Various configuration options are available like; 150mm Ball Base with the Touch & Go quick release system and camera plate 35 wedge or Flat Base with the V-shaped wedge plate, or you can even mount it on a Mitchell Mount base.
- Frictionless leak proof fluid damping with Nine levels of drag
- A prerequisite for perfect pictures is a panning movement without jerks and vibrations. Sachtler's patented damping system takes everything is stride. The individual modules are frictionless and contain no hydraulic oil. This means they are permanently leak proof. The damping action of heads is identical across both horizontal and vertical planes and offers you nine steps of drag, for smooth camerawork under the toughest of rough conditions. You can completely disengage the drag for fast panning without affecting the dynamic counterbalance system.
- Touch & Go Quick Release / Automatic Locking System
Stop wasting time by fumbling around with clumsy attachments, or bother screwing the camera to head and then having to unscrew it again. With the Touch & Go system invented by Sachtler, the camera plate is secured to the camera, while the mating balance plate is mounted on the fluid head.
All you need to do is slip the camera into position, engage the mechanism, and the camera is locked firmly in place, when finished just disengage the latch and go. When you set up the camera for the next shot you still have all the original settings. Also features a safety lock lever that prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch.
- Sliding Balance Plate
- The sliding camera mount and plate with a 4.5-inch (150mm Ball Base) or 4.7-inch (Flatbase) sliding range, allows you to compensates precisely for a variety of configuration weights. Ensuring perfect balance across the horizontal plane. Most importantly, once adjusted, the settings cannot be lost.
- 18 Step dynamic counterbalancing system
- Built with torsion springs the dynamic counterbalancing system compensates for torques as the camera tilts, preventing the camera from inadvertently tipping, and ensuring that it is positioned securely at any tilt angle. Freeing you to concentrate fully on your camerawork. Its 18-step counterbalance allows adjustments via dial, in 9 stages and fine tune by half step function, and can be activated and deactivated individually. Independent from the damping system, they work silently and without the need for maintenance.
- Safe at any temperature
Pressure or temperature does not influence the damping system, it has an operating range from
-40°F to +140°F, and works without friction. Shoot wherever you want, from torrid heat to cold climates.
- Vibrationless vertical / horizontal brakes, for maximum safety in fast-paced reporting situations.
- Built-in illuminated bubble for horizontal leveling, uses a conventional battery and ensures easy leveling even under unfavorable lighting conditions.
- Load capacity of: 132 lb.