Ideal for 16 and 35mm film cameras, the Sachtler STUDIO 9+9 Fluid Head with 150 mm Ball Base, features Sachtler's unique, patented damping system that has been significantly extended. As the name indicates, there are now nine levels of extra-powerful drag on the pan and tilt as well as a zero setting for no drag. Drag levels 2 to 7 feature fairly fine gradations, while the jump from levels 7 to 9 is much greater. Its 18-step counterbalance allows adjustments via dial, in 9 stages and fine tune by half step function, and can be activated and deactivated individually.
The fluid head also boasts a new sliding plate, which has an integrated spindle drive. Centering the camera weight is now fast and easy - just slide the plate quickly into place and fine tune with the spindle drive if required. The counterbalance system combines the renowned Sachtler system with a dial knob system, compensating perfectly for any load from 18 lb to 121 lb.
In addition, viewfinder extension and front box connections are standard features of this head.
- Frictionless leak proof fluid damping with Nine levels of drag
- A prerequisite for perfect pictures is a panning movement without jerks and vibrations. Sachtler's patented damping system takes everything in stride. The individual modules are frictionless and contain no hydraulic oil. This means they are permanently leak proof. The damping action of heads is identical across both horizontal and vertical planes and offers you nine steps of drag plus a zero setting, for smooth camerawork under the toughest of rough conditions. You can completely disengage the drag for fast panning without affecting the dynamic counterbalance system.
- Touch & Go Quick Release / Automatic Locking System
Stop wasting time by fumbling around with clumsy attachments, or bother screwing the camera to head and then having to unscrew it again. With the Touch & Go system invented by Sachtler, the camera plate is secured to the camera, while the mating balance plate is mounted on the fluid head.
All you need to do is slip the camera into position, engage the mechanism, and the camera is locked firmly in place, when finished just disengage the latch and go. When you set up the camera for the next shot you still have all the original settings. Also features a safety lock lever that prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch.
- Sliding Balance Plate
- The sliding camera mount and plate with a 4.5-inch sliding range, allows you to compensates precisely for a variety of configuration weights. Ensuring perfect balance across the horizontal plane. Most importantly, once adjusted, the settings cannot be lost.
- 18 Step dynamic counterbalancing system
- Built with torsion springs the dynamic counterbalancing system compensates for torque as the camera tilts, preventing the camera from inadvertently tipping, and ensuring that it is positioned securely at any tilt angle. Freeing you to concentrate fully on your camerawork. The counterbalance is adjustable in 18 steps using the rotating counterbalance knob, which features settings from 1 to 9, in conjunction with the small lever near the counterbalance knob that will apply or release half of a counterbalance spring. Using the knob and lever together provides you with an adjustment range of 18 counterbalance steps that are independent from the damping system.
- Safe at any temperature
Pressure or temperature does not influence the damping system, it has an operating range from
-40°F to +140°F, and works without friction. Shoot wherever you want, from torrid heat to cold climates.
- Front box fixing capability - essential for every camera assistant in the movie industry.
- Ideal combination with the Dutch Head 35, to enable the camera to tilt the horizon.
- Load capacity of: 121 lb.