Based on a new VCA, the 1066, a dual mono/stereo compressor/limiter with gate, carries both the classic dbx response, in addition to full manual control over the attack and release characteristics. Frequency dependent gain control is easy to set up and execute with the side chain, and the Side Chain Monitor button helps with setting up the required EQ.
The contour switch allows entire mixes to be easily smoothed with soft compression, while keeping low frequencies from punching holes in the overall mix. Selectable input and output metering provides information to help match equipment level-wise, maximizing signal-to-noise ratio. For overall speaker protection, PeakStopPlus represses unwanted transients that could blow drivers, while minimizing the distortion common to many other hard-limiters. Selectable Hard-Knee or OverEasy characteristics make the 1066 ideal for gain control needs, whether for "heavy" almost-special-effects compression or soft, smooth gain leveling.
In the studio, broadcast facility, or on the road with a P.A. system, the 1066 is designed for simple operation. It allows the user to eliminate unwanted signals, control overall signal gain, and guard the overall mix in dual mono or stereo operations.
- Stereo or dual mono operation of gating, compression and peak limiting
- Easy operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums, tighten up mixes or protect speakers
- Selectable auto (classic dbx) or manual compression
- Selectable OverEasy or Hard Knee compression modes
- Contour switch removes unwanted low frequency information from detector circuit
- Limiting for setting maximum allowable level with minimal distortion
- Side chain with monitoring for setting up external devices for gating function
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- True differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs