The Neumann KM 120 Microphone is simply a microphone combination set consisting of the KM 100 phantom power supply / output stage and AK 20 bi-directional (figure 8) microphone element. The swivel mount and windscreen are also included in the set. Neumann's modular KM 100 series is designed to be versatile with the ability to interchange microphone elements and accessories based on individual applications.
The KM 100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced XLR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.The AK 20 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a figure 8 polar pattern. The diaphragm diameter is just 16mm and all sound field components reach the diaphragm directly. The end result is even frequency response and output levels between 0 to 180 degrees in proximity. The figure 8 polar pattern is effective in stereo MS recording (with an AK 40 or other cardioid mic), ambiance capturing or lectures and conferences with 2 speakers at either ends of the microphone.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The capsule is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Figure Eight Pattern
- The pressure gradient element provides a figure eight pattern providing even frequency response and output levels at 0 and 180 degrees.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformerless design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount clamps to any flat surface and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".