The Neumann KM 131 is simply a microphone combination set consisting of the KM 100 phantom power supply / output stage and AK 31 omni-directional, microphone element. The swivel mount and windscreen are also included in the set. Neumann's modular KM 100 series is designed to be versatile with the ability to interchange microphone elements and accessories based on individual applications.
The KM 100 capsule is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced XLR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.The AK 31 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a omni-directional polar pattern. The AK 31 produces a flat frequency response up to 20kHz. In the diffuse field the microphone has a high frequency roll-off above 5kHz. The microphone is best applied as a spot microphone for piano, wind instruments, strings, percussion and drums, room ambiance capturing or stereo recording.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The KM100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Omni Directional Pattern
- The pressure gradient element provides an omni-directional pattern providing even frequency response and output levels.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformerless design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount clamps to any flat surface and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".