The Neumann KM 140 Microphone is simply a microphone combination set consisting of the KM 100 phantom power supply / output stage and AK 40 cardioid microphone element. The swivel mount and windscreen are also included in the set. Neumann's modular KM 100 series is designed to be versatile with the ability to interchange microphone elements and accessories based on individual applications.
The KM 100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced XLR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.
The AK 40 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid polar pattern is highly effective in reducing off-axis ambiance and noise. This allows the element to be used in recording and sound reinforcement applications, in front of stage monitors or instrument miking.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The KM100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The AK 40 element features a cardioid pick up pattern which is effective in minimizing room ambiance, monitor noise and other off-axis signal.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformerless design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount clamps to any flat surface and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".