The Neumann KM 145 is simply a microphone combination set consisting of the KM 100 phantom power supply / output stage and AK 45 cardioid microphone element. The swivel mount and windscreen are also included in the set. Neumann's modular KM 100 series is designed to be versatile with the ability to interchange microphone elements and accessories based on individual applications.
The KM 100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced XLR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.The AK 45 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a cardioid polar pattern. Similar to the AK 40, the AK 45 offers a flat frequency response that accentuates mid and low-end frequencies however, a low frequency roll-off curve attenuates hum and noise. The AK 45 is suitable for speech recording in voice over and conference situations as well as instruments such as bass, bass and guitar amps, leslie speakers and toms.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 capsule is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The KM100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The pressure gradient element provides a cardioid pattern which effectively eliminates off-axis ambiance and noise.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformerless design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount clamps to any flat surface and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- The AK 45 features a roll-off curve at sub frequencies that may be problematic and cause noise.