The Neumann KM 150 is simply a microphone combination set consisting of the KM 100 phantom power supply / output stage and AK 50 hyper-cardioid microphone element. Microphone mount and windscreen are also included in the set. Neumann's modular KM 100 series is designed to be versatile with the ability to interchange microphone elements and accessories based on individual applications.
The KM 100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced LR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.The AK 50 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a hyper-cardioid polar pattern. The hyper-cardioid polar pattern is highly effective in reducing off-axis ambiance and noise. Attenuation of sound from the side or rear is about 10dB with the least sensitivity at an angle of 120 degrees. This allows the element to be used in recording and sound reinforcement applications, in front of stage monitors or instrument miking.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The KM100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Hyper-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The AK 50 element features a hyper-cardioid pick up pattern which is effective in minimizing room ambiance, monitor noise and other off-axis signal.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformer design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount attach's to any standard mic stand and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".