These are the ideal vocalist microphones. The grille design significantly reduces pop and sibilance, and the internal shock mounting reduces handling noise. The true hypercardioid Neumann KMS 150 has a roll-off switch to reduce proximity effect. With the attenuation switch activated, the maximum SPL is an impressive 152dB.
The KMS series is ruggedly constructed to handle the rigor of stage performance. Tight polar control over the entire frequency range significantly reduces sensitivity to acoustic feedback.
- Vocalist microphone with hypercardioid directional characteristic
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Capsule acoustically decoupled
- Extremely insensitive to "pop" noises
- Natural reproduction of sibilants and "S" sounds
- Transformerless circuitry
- Switchable low frequency roll off and 10dB preattenuation