The Neumann U 87 AiSZ kit includes a Neumann U 87 Ai microphone and EA87 elastic mount. The EA87 provides optimum protection from noise due to shock and handling noise. The large diaphragm condenser microphone is designed for general instrument and vocal recording or broadcast applications. The original capsule design remains unchanged and features a shock mounted dual diaphragm with 3 directional polar patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid and figure eight patterns are accessible with a switch located below the head-grille. There is a 10dB attenuation switch allowing the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127dB, suitable for spot miking instruments high in transient response such as percussion, drums and brass. Modifications to the output electronics provide higher sensitivity of 10dB and an improved signal-to-noise ratio of 3dB.
- Three Polar Patterns
- The U 87 AI features three switchable polar patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid, and figure eight patterns provide the flexibility needed in any recording scenario.
- 10dB Pad Switch
- 10dB attenuation switch enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127dB.
- Low Cut Roll-Off Switch
- A low cut roll off switch eliminates hum, rumble and low frequency noise.
- Advanced Output Circuitry
- Although the microphone features the original capsule, the U 87 AI features improved output electronics that provide higher sensitivity and improved signal-to-noise ratio.