The 1046 is designed to provide the audio professional with four channels of compression for a variety of applications. Incorporating dbx designs and the latest available manufacturing techniques, the unit provides sonic quality with the classic dbx sound.
The 1046 provides four channels of smooth OverEasy or hard knee compression, that can be used on individual tracks of a multitrack recorder, or in virtually any applications that requires separate channels to be individually interfaced and used for entirely independent purposes. Additionally the newly developed PeakStopPlus is ideal for protecting a system from the oppressive peaks that can take out valuable drivers in a sound reinforcement rig.
Each channel of the 1046 has a compressor threshold control, a switch to select the character of the compression circuit, ratio control and a gain make-up control. This is followed by the PeakStopPlus control, which sets the level to which the output signal is reduced whenever it exceeds this level. The four channels can also be linked to provide a pair of stereo units, and each channel features balanced gold plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs, and individually switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operating level to interface each channel with varying devices.
- Four channels of compression/peak limiting
- Classic dbx compression
- Switchable OverEasy or hard-knee compression
- True RMS level detection
- Control for setting maximum allowable level regardless of compressor settings
- Dual True stereo or quad mono operation
- Precision metering of input level, output level, and gain reduction
- True differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs