The B+W 67mm Redhancer Filter (491) is a warming filter constructed from didymium glass. This glass construction permits specific light transmission characteristics that enhance reddish tones within the image. This extended red-orange sensitivity is especially useful for nature and landscape photography, especially during the autumnal season. This filter is even more effective when paired with a polarizer filter, which helps to control blues and cool greys and subsequently increase the saturation of red, orange, and brown colors.
This filter has a single anti-reflective coating, which helps to improve light transmission to over 98% while preventing internal reflections and ghosting. Additionally, it features a brass filter ring for increased durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Constructed from didymium glass, this filter enhances reddish tones that are especially prevalent in nature and landscape photography.
- Ideal for outdoor use during the autumn season.
- When combined with a polarizer, color saturation is improved and greater control over blues and cool greys is possible.
- The effect is most pronounced when used in combination with reversal (slide) film since automatic color corrections are often applied when printing from negatives.
- Single anti-reflective coating helps increase light transmission to over 98% while reducing reflections, flare, and ghosting.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.