The AKG C 12 VR Microphone is a studio condenser microphone that's a favorite among some of the most sought after recording engineers in the industry. Modeled directly after the classic AKG C 12, the C 12 VR (vintage restoration) maintains it's popularity since it's inception in the late 1940's. Like the C 12, the C 12 VR features a 1" diaphragm and unique condenser tube (6072) design, providing warmth and presence characteristics unique to the microphone.
In addition to the classic sound, the C 12 VR is a versatile microphone featuring 9 switchable pickup patterns including omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-eight, with variations of each. Also provided is switchable attenuation between -10 or -20dB, and a boost of +10db to accommodate all studio recording requirements. An aluminum case is included, and the C 12 VR is backed by a 3-year warranty.
This package of the C 12 VR provides two C 12 VR microphones, tube-matched in sensitivity and frequency response in order to provide optimum results while recording in stereo.
- Stereo Matched Pair
- This package includes a stereo matched pair of C12VR tube microphone for maximum results while capturing audio signal in stereo.
- Original Vintage Design
- Modeled after the classic AKG C12, the C12VR is a restored version of the classic tube condenser microphone featuring the original 6072 vacuum tube, 1950's dual diaphragm and transformer.
- Switchable Polar Patterns
- The C12VR features flexible switchable polar patterns including omni directional, cardioid, and figure-eight with variations of each pattern.
- Attenuation and Boost Switching
- -10 and -20db of pre-attenuation and gain boost of +10dB accommodate all studio requirements from vocals to instruments of types.
- High Pass Filter
- A 2-position high pass filter eliminates low end noise and rumble providing more presence of mid and high end frequencies.
- External Control/Power Unit
- The N12VR remote power supply, provides power to the microphone and features the Polar Pattern, High Pass Filter and Attenuation / Boost switches.