The Fotospeed Palette Toning Kit has pushed open the boundaries of metallic toning to allow an array of vibrant hues to be created from a single kit.
The kit is comprised of four toners: Titanium Yellow, Vanadium Yellow, Red and Blue. Within each color, many hues are obtainable.The variety is immense simply by adjusting time and combinations. Like the three primary colors (yellow, magenta and cyan), placing the print to be toned into each solution for varying times creates a color mix in the final image.
- Using traditional toning methods the four colors contained in the kit can be combined to produce a multitude of tones.
- Being a traditional toning system, it is controllable and allows many copies of the same toned print to be made.
- Palette Toner is suitable for both fiber and resin coated black & white papers.
- The working solutions can be all be re-bottled for further use except for the blue.
- All the elements are available separately so that when you run out of an element you do not have to purchase a whole kit. (Full detailed instructions are only contained in the kit).
- The keeping properties of the working solutions are good and 2 - 3 years for the concentrates.