The Shure SCM262 Stereo Microphone Mixer resembles a field mixer, but is in fact a compact mixer intended for sound reinforcement. The mixer features 2 balanced XLR microphone inputs, a 1/4" Phone line input, and 3 RCA phono line level inputs. There are stereo 1/4" phone and stereo RCA jacks on the output stage as well.
The SCM262's multi-function DIP switches allow the user to customize the mixer for use in a variety of applications. Some of the functions include "Juke Box Muting" and "Paging with Ducking". The "Juke Box Mute" feature mutes background audio signal when a connected juke box is active. The SCM268 also features "paging with ducking". This allows the SCM268 to be used as a paging mixer. Background audio level is automatically reduced when paging microphones are active.
- Quality Inputs and Outputs
- There are 2 balanced XLR Mic inputs and a 1/4" Phone line input. Balanced stereo (L/R) 1/4" TRS Phone outputs are also featured for maximum gain and low noise floor.
- Multi Function Dip Switches
- The SCM262 features multi function DIP switches allowing the user to customize the mixer for use in a variety of applications. Some of the functions include "Juke Box Muting" and "Paging with Ducking".
- Paging With Ducking
- This feature allows the SCM262 to be used as a paging mixer. Signal from the paging microphone is passed while simultaneously reducing the level of background music. Perfect for restaurants, bars, schools office settings etc.
- Juke Box Mute Feature
- The Juke Box Mute feature allows the SCM262 to integrate perfectly with external Juke Boxes. Signal from a Juke Box automatically mutes existing (background) audio. Those inputs remain muted for 30 seconds after the song has ended so that the following song can play without interruption.
- Stereo Line Inputs
- There are three RCA stereo inputs (L/R) for interfacing with consumer audio devices such as Stereo Systems, CD Players VCR's etc.
- Compact Design
- The compact rugged enclosure allows users to transport the SCM262 with confidence.