Tiffen Wide Angle Filter Kit - Haze(UV) filters are wise initial investments. They help protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
Tiffen wide-angle filters are for wide-angle lenses and are 3mm thick. They do not have a front thread. Included with this kit is a Circular Polarizer, UV filter, Enhancing filter and a soft pouch.
UV Protection Filters
- If desired they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- Haze filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- Ultraviolet filters allow you to correct for the UV effect to varying degrees
- They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast; the effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter
- The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun
- Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras without problems)
- It removes a portion of the spectrum in the orange region, increasing the color saturation of reddish objects by eliminating the muddy tones and maximizing the red hues with minimal effect on other colors
- Its most frequent use is for obtaining strongly saturated photographs of fall foliage