GamColor CTO (Color Temperature Orange/Neutral Density filters are deep dyed polyester color filters with superior color medium for use with all types of light.
The benefit of the CTO/ND combination is that it permits you to not only reduce the light level reaching your film but also decreases the color temperature of your supplemental light. If you were shooting in a department store with huge windows and needed to reduce the intensity of the sunshine filtering through, this filter would be appropriate. It would also correct for the temperature of any incandescent lighting you may experience.
Note! GamColor CTO/ND filters are available in three steps .3, .6 and .9 each combined with full CTO
- Because it is deep dyed, the color will not scratch off the surface and is optically clear
- The clear polyester base is highly resistant to tears, punctures, cracking and deterioration in high heat applications
- The dyes used to produce GamColor are the most stable and heat resistant available
- The chemical process ensures that the colors will be clean and clear with excellent transmission and consistency
- GamColor quality control includes constant monitoring, from raw material to finished product.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure