Why not take full advantage of breathtaking scenes and extraordinary settings? With Sachtler's Video 18 Dutch, you can do just that. The Video 18 Dutch provides you with seven steps of drag, even in conjunction with lateral tilt and can be mounted onto the DV 12, Video 18, or Video 20 heads. To capture the most thrilling and electrifying effect. Other features include, a cross-sliding plate with a sliding range of 60mm / 2.4" to provide for precise camera control. Thus the camera's center of gravity can be exactly aligned over the swiveling axis. The head is able to tilt the horizon, and features a scale on its right side, which shows exactly the degree of third axis movement.
- Frictionless leak proof fluid damping with Seven levels of drag
- A prerequisite for perfect pictures is a panning movement without jerks and vibrations. Sachtler's patented damping system takes everything is stride. The individual modules are frictionless and contain no hydraulic oil. This means they are permanently leak proof. The damping action of heads is identical across both horizontal and vertical planes and offers you five steps of drag, for smooth camerawork under the toughest of rough conditions. You can completely disengage the drag for fast panning without affecting the dynamic counterbalance system.
- Touch & Go Quick Release / Automatic Locking System
Stop wasting time by fumbling around with clumsy attachments, or bother screwing the camera to head and then having to unscrew it again. With the Touch & Go system invented by Sachtler, the camera plate is secured to the camera, while the mating balance plate is mounted on the fluid head.
All you need to do is slip the camera into position, engage the mechanism, and the camera is locked firmly in place, when finished just disengage the latch and go. When you set up the camera for the next shot you still have all the original settings. Also features a safety lock lever that prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch.
- Sliding Balance Plate
- The sliding camera mount and plate with a 2.4-inch sliding range, allows the camera's center of gravity to be exactly aligned over the swiveling axis. Most importantly, once adjusted, the settings cannot be lost.
- Five Step dynamic counterbalancing system
- Built with torsion springs the dynamic counterbalancing system compensates for torques as the camera tilts, preventing the camera from inadvertently tipping, and ensuring that it is positioned securely at any tilt angle. Freeing you to concentrate fully on your camerawork. These special springs can be activated and deactivated individually. Independent from the damping system, they work silently and without the need for maintenance.
- Safe at any temperature
- Pressure or temperature does not influence the damping system, it has an operating range from -40°F to +140°F, and works without friction. Shoot wherever you want, from torrid heat to cold climates.
- Built-in bubble for horizontal leveling