The Electro-Voice N/D868 Microphone is a cardioid pattern dynamic microphone designed specifically for kick drum capture in recording and sound reinforcement applications. The N/D868's dynamic element handles high sound pressure levels, making it extremely responsive without distortion or peaking. The Neodymium-based magnet provides maximum output gain while maintaining a low noise floor.
Although there is no added color or equalization, the microphone is optimized for extended low-end frequency response. The N/D868 features a cardioid polar pattern which is effective in minimizing off-axis noise due to monitor speakers, room ambiance, mechanical noise etc. The rugged steel construction assures maximum durability, making it efficient and ready for the road.
- Extended Low Frequency Response
- The microphone is optimized for extended low-end frequency response without colorization of the output signal.
- Neodymium Design
- The Electrovoice N/D 868 features a Neodymium based magnet which produces an exceptionally high audio output while maintaining a low noise floor.
- Dynamic Element
- The dynamic element is a more practical solution for handling high sound pressure levels making it a viable solution for miking louder instruments and sources.
- Rugged Construction
- The N/D 868 features a steel enclosure making the microphone durable in the studio or the road.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing off-axis noise caused by monitor speakers, instruments, vocals etc.