The Tube-Tech MP 1A Microphone Preamplifier is a combined dual microphone preamplifier and DI amplifier for microphones or instruments. The microphone inputs and outputs are balanced as well as fully floating. The inputs provide a switchable +48V phantom power as well as a switchable -20dB pad. Gain is adjustable in 5dB increments from +20dB to +70dB.
The Direct Instrument Inputs on the MP 1A are unbalanced with a gain ranging from + 10dB to + 60dB. The amplifiers are all tube based and the heaters are on a strict diet of DC-voltage only to avoid hum. All transformers, with the exception of the main's transformer, are enclosed in MU-metal cans. Input and output transformers come with a static screen between the primary and secondary wiring.
- Combination preamp/DI amplifier for microphones or instruments
- All tube based amplification, with DC-only voltage for heaters to avoid hum
- Tube based push-pull output amplification
- Balanced, fully floating mic inputs/outputs
- Adjustable gain in 5dB increments from +20dB to +70dB
- Unbalanced Direct Instrument Inputs w/ 10-60dB gain
- Two channels of microphone preamplification
- Transformers enclosed in MU-metal cans
- Pad in front of input transformer (-20dB)
- Built-in +48V phantom power