The MEC 1A from Tube Tech is a single channel "Recording Channel" featuring a microphone preamp, equalizer and opto compressor. The unit is all tube based except for the power supply.
MEC 1A features a master output gain control, a VU meter for displaying the output or amount of compression, gold plated switches and conductive plastic potentiometers.
The heart of the shelving and bell filters feature a tube operational amplifier. The input and output have fully floating transformers and all DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.
- Consists of a microphone input transformer (with a static screen) and two dual tube preamplifiers, delivering a total gain range of +20dB to +70dB
- Switchable -20dB pad, switchable +48V phantom-power and phase reverse
- High-pass filter for the microphone and the DI input is switchable between off, 20Hz and 40Hz
- Low and high shelving filter with a gain range of +/-15dB, each with six switchable frequencies
- Band filter with a gain range of +/-20dB, twelve switchable frequencies and a bandwidth control
- The shelving and the bell filters are designed around a dual tube amplifier
- Separate EQ-section I/O switch
- Optical compressor with controls for ratio, threshold, attack and release
- Can be switched between "manual" attack and release and "fixed" attack and release
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Can be placed pre or post EQ
- Separate in/out switch