The EQ 1AM is a full range one channel unit, featuring low and high cut, low and high shelving and three overlapping bands of tube EQ.
The three bands are bell type with 36 overlapping frequencies, 12 centers per band. The cut filters are designed around unity gain amplifiers, while the shelving and bell filters are designed around two tube operational amplifiers. The gain controls on the unit are fitted with a boost/cut switch to widen the gain range. The inputs and outputs of the EQ 1AM have fully floating transformers, and all DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.
The EQ 1AM is fitted with rotary switches for more precise and repeatable settings.
- All tube based EQ (except for power supply)
- Very low noise and broad frequency response
- Master bypass with clickless relay
- All seven sections fitted with individual in/out switches
- Unit fitted with rotary switches rather than continuously variable potentiometers, for more precise and repeatable settings
- All switches gold plated