Horseman has designed a complete 6x12 system in their SW-612, pairing six exceptional Rodenstock lenses (ranging from 35mm to 135mm) with their own fine roll film backs (available in three formats) and an accurate, bright viewfinder. The result is a supremely professional batteryless system camera, rugged and travellable with image quality that is enviable from even the best of digital cameras.
The stout body is designed with rubber grips, two camera strap lugs and a built-in spirit level. An optional lens guard mounts under the camera, while the finder with interchangeable masks mounts on the top-mounted "cold" accessory shoe.
Horseman's 120 roll film holders mate perfectly to the back of the camera, offering a choice of 6x7, 6x9, or 6x12 cm formats and an optional ground glass back for precise composition. Both the focusing scales and the spirit level are visible through the viewfinder.
Other accessories include a neckstrap and center neutral density filter to even out the exposure with wide angle lenses.
This is the "Professional" version of the camera, which features the capacity to vertically or horizontally displace the camera and lens axes. Vertical displacement is known as rise or fall, which is very useful during architectural photogpraphy. Horizontal displacement is known as lateral shift, useful in a number of scenarios such as avoiding camera/photographer reflections while still retaining particular vantage points. This model can rise or fall by 17mm and laterally shift by 15mm.
- Interchangeable lens/film holder wide-angle camera with vertical and lateral shift movements
- Vertical shift 34mm (Rise 17mm + Fall 17mm); Lateral shift 30mm (15mm L/R each)
- 6x12cm/6x9cm/6x7cm (depending on the film holder used)
- Visual focusing or optional ground glass focusing
- Three optional interchangeable film backs
- Practical for shooting handheld
- Spirit levels: three for all dimensions