The Q2031B from Yamaha is a dual channel thirty-one band, 1/3 octave graphic equalizer housed in a 19" rack-mount chassis. Balanced inputs and outputs allows the unit to function equally well in both a live or studio situation.
The unit is capable of acoustic tuning, feedback control, sound shaping and noise suppression, including minimize tape hiss, stage rumble, wind noise, microphone popping, excessive sibilance and other sources of unwanted noise.
- Dual channel graphic equalizer with active filters to provide minimum phase shift and smooth response at any boost or cut setting
- Switchable EQ gain of +/-6dB or +/-12dB. The +/-12dB range offers wide-range control, essential for broad range tonal variation or feedback control. The +/-6dB range provides fine control well suited for acoustic tuning and subtle shaping
- Continuously variable (20Hz to 200Hz) high-pass filters on both channels providing 12dB per octave rolloff below the desired frequency
- Independent peak indicators light when the output signal level reaches 3dB below clipping
- Automatic circuit mutes the equalizer's output for approximately three seconds after the power is switched on, to prevent transients from damaging amplifiers and speaker systems
- EQ ON/OFF switches provide easy comparison between equalized and unequalized sound
- Suitable for fine tuning a sound system to match the acoustics of a studio, concert hall, or any other sound environment
- Can be used as a creative tool for shaping the tone of the instrument or voice to achieve a better blend in a mix. When added to reverb, EQ can electronically simulate a wide range of acoustic environments