The Neumann KM 183 NI Microphone is an omni-directional, pressure condenser microphone intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The KM 183 features a non-reflective nickel finish. The KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal.
The KM 183 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response provide flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183's omni-directional polar pattern provides a generous pick up area and is suitable for X,Y (with cardioid mic and baffle plate) stereo miking, ambiance miking or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments organ and choir. The KM 183 handles sound pressure levels up to 140dB allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Omni-Directional Polar Pattern
- The omni-directional polar pattern offers a generous pick up area, suitable for room ambiance capture as well as spot miking on piano, organ, wind instruments and choir.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 183NI features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high gain output signal without any coloration.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- +48 Volt Phantom Power
- The KM 183's powered by +48 volt phantom power, and it 20-20kHz frequency response providing flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183 handles sound pressure levels up to 140dB, allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Nickel Finish
- The attractive nickel finish is non-reflective and makes the microphone pleasing to the eye as well as the ear.