The Neumann KM 185 NI Microphone is a hypercardioid pattern, pressure gradient condenser microphone intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications.
The KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal.
The KM 185 NI is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 NI's provides attenuation at the off-axis sections of the mic, and is suitable for X,Y and ORTF stereo miking, announcer's mic for broadcast, spot capturing of drum overheads, strings, wind instruments, percussion, piano, and amp cabinets. The KM 185 NI handles sound pressure levels up to 142dB allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
- The hypercardioid polar pattern offer greater attenuation at the off-axis sections of the microphone, resulting in a tighter pattern with even less noise caused by ambiance.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 185 NI features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 185 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power, and its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 can handle sound pressure levels up to 142dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Nickel Finish
- The KM 185 NI features a non-reflective nickel finish, making the microphone pleasing to the eye as well as the ears.