The Ewa-Marine U-FXP Housing is an economical solution for using your manual focus SLR camera near or just under the water's surface, manufactured from double laminated PVC and with an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 33 feet (10 m) depth; perfect for snorkeling, shallow diving, or generally sandy, dusty, and humidity weather conditions. The U-FXP gives your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable, and is designed to allow the proper space for a side-mounted flash adjacent to the SLR camera. When not in use, it is relatively light and takes up little space.
A pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails fit together for sealing, tightened by knurled screw knobs. The housing's internal glove allows easy access to camera controls. If your setup is too buoyant underwater, the optional BF1 lead weight can be affixed to the bottom of the housing.
The U-FXP housing was designed for manual focus cameras with a normal shoe mounted flash attached aside the camera, with the largest camera/lens/flash combination that will fit in this housing being 8.8 x 6.0 x 5.1" (225 x 150 x 120mm) WxHxD. The optical port will accommodate a lens as large as 80mm outer diameter.
- An Ideal Near-the-Surface Solution
- The Ewa-Marine housing's perfect for use at or near the water's surface, such as in sailing or snorkeling, but is also practical for protection from harsh weather conditions
- Accommodates Manual SLR Cameras with Side-Mounted Flash
- The U-FXP is designed to allow most normal-sized flashes to be mounted aside the SLR camera, on a typical straight bracket
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Non-Corrosive Clamping Rails
- The non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails are secured by knurled thumb screws
- Packs up Tight
- This housing takes a minimum of space when collapsed
- Camera Functions
- Access all camera functions through the PVC's internal glove
- Optional Lead Weight
- Buoyancy can be changed adding optional BF1 lead weight
- Priced significantly less than conventional housings