The CLX-52 is a dual mono/stereo compressor limiter. It is extremely useful for such diverse applications as loudspeaker protection, vocal level control, broadcast limiting, musical instrument sustain, special effects, and CD or cassette transfers.
The CLX-52 uses an "infinite soft-knee" characteristic and timing based on compression ratio. This, combined with a dual release time, allows program density to increase as the input signal increases. The result is a peak controller with very low noise, smooth sound, and excellent stereo tracking without the usual constricted limiter sound.
Side chain input can be used for ducking audio material or for frequency dependent compression. A "Stereo Tie" switch links both channels for true stereo operation.
- Stereo or dual mono operation of compression with side chain access
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Dual release time for minimizing "pumping"
- Powerful peak control with minimum audible side effects
- Both XLR and 1/4" input and output connectors