The Schneider 28mm f/2.8 Digitar Lens with Copal #0 Shutter is a wide angle large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Digitar can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times. This version of the lens is mounted to a conventional Copal #0 shutter.
The 28mm Digitar is appropriate for use with backs as large as 36x48mm, and upon such backs it will capture an image area similar to that of a 21mm lens upon a 35mm format camera. Its short focal length and wide 92° viewing angle are perfect for documenting tight interiors.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Digitar is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
The 28mm Digitar requires no center filter, and provides its 60mm image circle at all apertures, including the f/2.8 maximum aperture.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 36x48mm
- Mounted in conventional Copal #0 shutter
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 60mm image circle
- Lens coverage remains identical at all apertures, with no center filter required
- Wide angle view with 92° coverage
- Ideal working aperture range of f/2.8-11
- Accepts 77mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras