The Crown PCC-160 Microphone is a rugged phase coherent, surface mountable boundary microphone designed for accurate pick up and signal reproduction on stages, lecterns, news desks, conference tables and more. The microphone features a phase coherent half-supercardioid pick up that minimizes pickup behind the capsule, resulting in high gain before feedback.
The PCC-160's surface mounting increases directivity by 3dB, and its increased sensitivity provides accurate signal reproduction at long range. A frequency response of 50-18kHz provides accurate signal reproduction, with minimal low frequency noise and rumble. A "Bass Tilt" switch further reduces low frequency noise. The PCC-160 microphone features a rugged steel body, able to withstand accidental abuse. The PCC-160 requires 12V to 48V phantom power and includes a 15-foot cable with switchcraft TA3-female and XLR-male connections.
- Industry Standard Stage Microphone
- The PCC-160's performance, range, and reliability make it a favorite for theatrical and performance capturing. Its increased sensitivity provides accurate signal reproduction, with frequency response tailored to give minimal low frequency noise and rumble. A "Bass Tilt" switch further reduces low frequency noise.
- Half-Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- The half-supercardioid polar pattern effectively eliminates signal at off-axis positions, such as orchestra pits.
- Phase Coherent Pick Up
- Boundary mounted miniature capsule provides accurate, phase coherent signal reproduction.
- Low Profile, Rugged Design
- The surface mountable, rugged steel construction is designed to withstand accidental abuse.