Identical to the PZM-30D, the Crown Audio PZM-6D Pressure Zone Microphone features a smaller size and includes a permanently attached 15-foot (4.6m) cable. The PZM-6D is a flush mounted pressure zone boundary microphone, designed for capturing dialog, performances, instruments and more. The PZM-6D utilizes a condenser element mounted in the "pressure zone" of a sound reflecting plate. The reflected audio and direct audio signal arrive in-phase, resulting in detailed audio pick up while remaining unobtrusive.
The PZM-6D features a wide frequency response and a frequency contour switch provides a high frequency boost for added brilliance. This makes the PZM-6D ideal for both vocal and instrument reproduction. The PZM-6D is powered with an external 48 Volt phantom power source and features a hemispherical pick up pattern. The hemispherical pattern maximizes pick up at the upper-hemisphere of the microphone while eliminating noise and phase problems at the mounted surface.
- Pressure Zone Capsule
- The condenser element is mounted at the "pressure zone" of the reflecting plate. The reflected and direct signal arrive in-phase for detailed audio reproduction throughout.
- Hemispherical Pattern
- The hemispherical pick up pattern provides a generous pick up area at the upper hemisphere while suppressing noise and unwanted audio at the mounted surface.
- Flat and Rising Frequency Contour Switch
- The wide frequency response features switchable contouring, high frequencies can be enhanced range for better intelligibility of vocals or instruments.
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- Low frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency noise and audio.