The Crown Audio SASS-P MKII Microphone is a stereo PZM microphone designed for classic ensemble, concerts, electronic news gathering, crowd ambiance, theater and sound effect recording. The microphone's dual capsule design features two Pressure Zone Microphones with human-head-sized spacing between them creating well focused stereo imaging without a "gap" in the middle spectrum. A foam barrier baffle located between the capsules maintain accurate focus and limits phase cancellation when switched to mono.
The SASS can be powered using 9 Volt batteries, as well as 12-48V phantom power. The SASS offers a wide frequency response of 20Hz to 18kHz and a sonic character best described as smooth and warm with emphasis on high frequencies providing an "airy" quality on output.
- An Ideal Ambience Microphone
- The SASS-P MKII's design is perfect for ensemble, concerts, electronic news gathering, crowd, general ambiance, theater, and sound effect recordings.
- Stereo Pick Up
- The SASS-P MKII features dual Pressure Zone Microphone capsules intended for stereo recording and broadcast. The capsules are spaced to human-head-sized dimensions, providing an accurate stereo perspective relative to human hearing.
- Pressure Zone Capsules
- The patented Pressure Zone Microphone capsule design provides highly sensitive elements that can accurately convey the ambient environment of any recording scenario.
- Warm Sonic Character
- The SASS-P MKII features a smooth, warm sonic character, emphasizing high end frequencies which provide an "airy" quality on output.
- Foam Barrier Baffle
- In between each capsule lies a foam barrier baffle which provides focused pick up and minimizes phase cancellation when using in mono.