The AD2044 Pure Class A opto-compressor is a super transparent, low noise, dual channel optical-compressor. Designed to optimize absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the AD2044 is a perfect solution for two-buss music-program compression and mastering applications.
Custom manufactured, high-speed linear opto elements provide the non-invasive passive attenuator system for transparent gain reduction. The AD2044 incorporates an external control loop and current monitored optical driver for smooth control, plus the benefits of traditional vintage LDR compression.
The opto elements enable the AD2044 to deliver totally transparent, low noise, gain reduction within the minimalist signal path design. No VCAs are incorporated. Variable attack and release controls, plus side chain access, provide unlimited creative control from soft compression to hard limiting. Avalon's advanced true symmetry design offers high-voltage, large headroom, extended bandwidth and very low noise. The use of 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers offer the serious music professional unlimited sonic character and a natural harmonic detail.
- Two channels of transparent, non-invasive compression
- Minimum audio signal path
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Very low noise and high headroom
- External side-chain access via XLR inputs
- Variable threshold, ratio, attack & release
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays
- Large accurate professional VU meters
- Fully balanced inputs and outputs