The Canon 15x50 IS Binocular delivers truly outstanding optical performance and a well-stabilized, high-magnification view. Whether upon the water's edge or high in the upper deck of a stadium, the 15x50 IS will put you right in the middle of the action. The 15x50 IS binocular's great for big game hunters, spectators of the more distant sports such as surfing, or anyone with a hunkering for incredible pulling power which can actually be observed without a tripod. It is a water resistant design with a tripod socket, to allow for easy mounting to tripods or monopods for extended periods of observation.
The 15x50 IS was not designed to be habitually worn around the neck, but if you prefer to carry your optic in this manner then consider a thick neoprene strap instead of the supplied flat woven strap. If you'll be using the binocular in cold weather, it is highly recommended to use lithium batteries instead of alkaline.
The 15x50 IS is threaded to accept 58mm filters, which is convenient for using polarizers around water, but it also means that during extremely bright or humid conditions you can use a pair of 58mm lens hoods to help shield the objective lenses from dew and stray light (and thus improve contrast).
- Image Stabilizer counteracts hand tremors for ±0.7° movement in all directions
- Field-flattening lens improves edge-to-edge sharpness
- UD Ultra-low dispersion glass element
- Remarkable close focus distance of 19.7' (6 m) for a 15x power binocular
- Eye relief of 15mm is sufficient for most users
- Accepts 58mm filters & lens hoods
- Standard 1/4"-20 threaded tripod socket upon bottom of housing
- Backed by Canon USA's 3-year warranty