The Altman 750 Watt Ellipsoidal is a compact, lightweight ellipsoidal reflector spotlight with 6" front lens which produces a high intensity sharp, or soft edged beam. Four adjustable integral stainless steel framing shutters provide beam shaping ability and the pattern slot and holder provide the ability to project visual images. Primarily designed for theatre and studio applications.
This model has a medium wide 37° field beam spread. It can provide a beam of 97 footcandles 20' (6 m) in diameter from 30' (9 m) away.
This model also features a Speed Cap, for quick focusing and easy lamp replacement. The installed Iris allows extreme beam control. Models providing different beam spreads -- with, and without built-in irises are available.
- This ellipsoidal is also useful in displays, show windows, museums and nightclubs where precision controlled accenting is desirable.
- The reflector has over 700 mirror polished surfaces which optimize the optical system for greater light output and a sharper, more controlled focus.
- Aluminum die-cast and sheet metal construction
- Built-in Iris controls beam spread
- Replacement of the bulb requires no tools