The Altman Focusing Cyc is a lightweight, compact quartz-halogen hanging or floor mounted fixture. It provides an even wash of light on cycloramas and backdrops, but it can also be used as a multi-purpose flood/fill light for stage and studio lighting applications.
The Focusing Cyc has innovative details and features that enhance its versatility, efficiency, and performance. With a wide range of non-proprietary bulbs (available separately) of varying wattage, length, and width to choose from, the versatile Focusing Cyc can easily replace a multitude of standard light fixtures.
With a 1500W FDB bulb burning horizontally, this light will provide a 26 footcandles beam of light 66 feet in diameter from 25 feet.
- The housing has a pair of rugged tool-free spring-latches which allow multiple units to be safely locked together in a number of ways: a straight row, curved horizontally, curved vertically, or any combination of the three.
- The convenient, fold-down carry handle doubles as a loop for a safety cable, and the heat resistant non-skid feet are height adjustable. This eliminates the need for floor trunnions for most ground cyc applications.
- The optional filter frame holder is hinged and removable without the use of tools.
- A wide selection of yokes and other hanging hardware are also available to accommodate virtually all sky cyc mounting configurations.
- Adjustable lampholders allow the fixture to accept T-3 to T-8 lamps of three different lengths: 4-11/16", 5-5/8" and 6-9/16".
- Each compartment has a highly polished, peened reflector that pivots about the bulb for precision focusing, and a heat resistant knob with indexed position markings is located on the rear of the housing for adjusting and locking the reflector into position.
- An optional accessory for the Focusing Cyc is a unique clip that safely secures stripped glass color frames.
- The super thin safety screen is designed to allow maximum light output, and is readily removable for easy access to the bulb for quick installation and replacement.