The QSC Audio RMX 1450 stereo power amplifier provides clean, dynamic power, reliability and true studio-quality sound, at a new breakthrough price. The amplifier is packed full of professional features that increase performance and flexibility.
The power supply is the heart of any amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMX 1450 uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amplifier to effortlessly punch out high level transients, even when driving abusive 2 ohm speaker loads. A full complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion and a ruler-flat frequency response.
Surface Mount Technology triples small-signal component density, enabling the manufacturer to deliver large amounts of power in a chassis only two rack spaces and less than sixteen inches deep. The output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling.
Independent, defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion without sacrificing peak performance. Selectable low-frequency filters boost system response, protect speakers and ensure low-end tightness by more precisely matching the amplifier's range to the loudspeakers.
The RMX 1450 provides barrier strip, XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs, plus Speakon and binding post outputs for easy connections. Low-noise variable speed fans with rear-to-front airflow keep the amplifier and rack cool.
- A high output rack-mountable (2RU) 2-channel power amplifier with stereo/parallel/bridged mono modes
- 280 Watts per channel driven into 8 Ohms
- High-current toroidal transformer
- Fully selectable low-frequency filtering with a choice of 30 or 50Hz roll-off
- Front panel LED indicators for signal and clip
- Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic and RF protection
- Independent, user-defeatable clip limiters
- Full-flow thermal design exhaust at the front, drawing cool air into the rack instead of waste heat (unit also has low-noise variable speed fans)
- Surface Mount Technology aids compact design
- Barrier strip, XLR, and 1/4" balanced inputs
- Speakon and binding post outputs