The QSC CX404 is a 4-channel power amplifier, designed primarily in support of fixed installation sound systems. The 2RU rackmountable unit is surprisingly lightweight, and provides a customized integrated security cover.
Designed for a space and energy efficient working life in a facility rack, QSC has equipped the CX404 with a varispeed fan cooling system, featuring rear to front airflow exiting through the front panel grill, and the uniquely efficient Powerwave technology for the switching power supply. The Powerwave design sends current to the amp's power circuitry by charging the supply rails a staggering 230,000 times a second via a very low impedance circuit. The result is a consistently clean signal, and efficient, predictable power distribution that contributes to lowered heat buildup and improved signal reproduction.
The CX404 is loaded with rear panel controls and front panel indicators, including dedicated, detented rotary gain control knobs, LF filter switches, and clip protection activation. An HD15 Dataport is located on the rear panel for computer-integrated remote control and system updating, using QSCcontrol software.
The CX404 incorporates the design, cost-effective operation, and performance features that QSC is able to implement after three decades of experience building amplifiers serving all professional sound markets.
- Three models that range in power from 170 watts to 450 watts per channel
- Compact size-all models only 2 RU and 14" deep for reduced rack cost and floor space
- Channels 1&2 and 3&4 bridgeable for maximum flexibility
- Active Inrush Limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- HD15 DataPort connector for Q-Sys and QSControl computer control and monitoring
- Custom integrated security cover for tamper-proof installations
- Variable speed fan for low noise
- 1dB detented gain controls for fast and accurate gain settings
- Detachable Euro style input connectors
- DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge mono and parallel operation
- Exclusive PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33Hz or 75Hz on non-V models, 50Hz or 75Hz on V models)
- Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, protect and QSC's exclusive bridge mono and parallel input LEDs
- Barrier strip output connector
- Comprehensive protection circuitry including DC, infrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- High-performance Class AB+B complementary bipolar output circuitry
- Light weight-all models only 21 pounds (9.5 kg) for easier racking and shipping
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extended service contract
- All CX Series amplifiers meet the European Union's, 2006 RoHS directive to restrict the use of hazardous materials used in electronic devices.