Meade's #07567 f/3.3 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener converts f/10.0 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes to fast f/3.3 system, and a f/6.3 aperture scope becomes an astoundingly fast f/2.0! Ritchey-Chrétien f/8.0 systems convert to f/2.64 effective apertures. The device yields wider fields for imaging deep space objects and better color correction and edge resolutionas well, as effectively reducing exposure times by as much as 80%.
The Meade f/3.3 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener attaches to the rear cell of Meade LX-Series Schmidt-Cassegrains, RCX400 Ritchey-Chrétiens and Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrains with apertures between 5.0-14.0". Your CCD camera attaches directly to the reducer using the supplied T-threads, due to the reducer's very minimal back focus. This is a concern; even adding a color filter wheel between reducer and camera usually adds excessive distance to retain reaching focus.
The variable T-adapter included with this device allows the choice of f/3.0 or f/5.0 focal ratios with f/10.0 Schmidt-Cassegrains, f/1.9 or f/3.2 focal ratios with f/6.3 systems, or f/2.4 or f/4.0 focal ratios with f/8.0 Ritchey-Chrétien designs.
- Multicoated 3-element (41mm effective clear aperture) optics maximize light transmission
- Compatible with all brands of CCD imagers & chip dimensions
- Yields spectacular wide-field results
- Rubber grip ring allows easy installation even when wearing gloves
- For CCD Use ONLY
- Not used for visual observing
- Not used for 35mm astrophotography
- Not used for medium format astrophotography