The Schneider 210mm f/5.6 Super-Symmar XL Lens is a professional super wide angle lens for the 8x10 and 11x14 formats, providing an angle of view on 8x10 similar to a 28mm lens in the 35mm format. This is an ideal lens for all sorts of architectural applications. The Super-Symmar XL lenses are the world's first aspherical lens design for large format, producing incredible peak sharpness with excellent correction for distortion and a small overall size. The lens' large image circle allows plenty of creative control for the photographer-in fact, it has the largest image circle of any 210mm large format lens. Beyond the coverage, the lens' large maximum aperture helps to ease the difficulty of focusing the camera in poor light.
The 210mm Super-Symmar XL's 100° angle of coverage permits a generous 108mm of all-direction shift on the 8x10 format, which is particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. Used on smaller formats, there's likely no camera which could offer enough displacement of the standards to challenge the image circle. It can be mounted upon nearly view or field camera, thanks to its 75mm diameter rear barrel.
The 210mm Super-Symmar XL uses 135mm filters on the front, but can also use more practical 72mm filters upon the rear of the lens. For critical work with 8x10 transparency films, it is highly recommended to use their dedicated VI center filter.
- Extremely sharp super wide lens for professional results in the 8x10 or 11x14 formats
- World's first aspherical lens design series for large format
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to an extreme 100°
- Bright maximum aperture allows easier focusing in subdued light
- Largest image circle of any 210mm large format lens
- Maximum image circle of 500mm allows ±108mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 8x10 format, and plenty of coverage for 11x14
- Accepts 135mm or 72mm filters
- Optional VI center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #3 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/125th speed