SheetBlok Sound Isolation Barrier from Auralex is a dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is about 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound. It acts as a thin, dense sound barrier layer in walls, ceilings or floors and is most effective when used as one component of a multi-layered construction scheme.
The product is available in a 10 x 4 foot roll and helps in decoupling (floating) floors and walls. And while it's not normally considered a finish product per se, it can be painted with latex paint. Additionally, Studiofoam 1", 2", 3" or 4" panels can be wall mounted on to the SheetBlok Sound Isolation Barrier with Tubetak adhesive.
- 1/8" thick, dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is safe and non-toxic
- Acts as a thin, dense sound barrier in walls, ceilings or floors
- Approximately 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound
- Cuts easily with a utility knife or scissors
- Use with multiple layers of dense building materials such as drywall or particle board when constructing studios, control rooms, etc.
- Great sound barrier for drum rooms
- Can be used to wrap HVAC ducting, as a removable vent noise blocker, pipe noise insulator, or under carpet/carpet pad