The HDS-16 is part of an Audio Distribution System that offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. Please note that at least one HRM-16, which is sold separately, is required for the system to function.
The system consists of two components, the rack-mount HDS-16 Audio Distribution System, and one or more HRM-16 remote mixers. Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables - multiple remotes can be connected directly or daisy-chained together. Up to eight HR-6 remote mixers can be linked to the distribution unit, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each HR-6.
The HDS-16 rack-mount distribution unit connects to the mixer/console to provide an interface and power supplies to drive a group of HRM-16 remote mixers, and cleanly routes eight mono and four stereo signals to remote mixing locations via Centronics 50 pin cables. The unit provides full patching functions on its front panel via 1/4" and TT input jacks, and is intended to be installed at the mixing console location. Additionally, it includes two 1/4" jacks for the two-way talk-back functions, and a SOLO REMOTE switch with an indicator that allows muting of all but one stereo feed at all HRM-16's. This comes in handy for isolating tracks for critical listening without having each HRM-16 user turn down all but one channel.
The HDS-16 is ideal as a low distortion headphone driver for the most critical listening situations. In addition to providing high current differential buffered signals, it also provides power and ground to the HRM-16 remote mixers.
- HDS-16 rack-mount audio distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HRM-16 remote mixers
- Perfect for tracking, overdubbing, rehearsal sessions, and onstage monitor mixing
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the main console
- Talkback system allows each HRM-16 mixer user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location
- SOLO function allows the control room operator to solo one stereo pair at all HRM-16's. This comes in handy for isolating tracks for critical listening without having each HRM-16 user turn down all but one channel
- All inputs are balanced - line outputs are balanced or single ended